Sunday, May 27, 2012

"You can't see us! BOO!"

Ahhh yes yes yes..I'm actually blogging! Amazing, right? I thought so, too. On that note, here we go:

Throughout the lifetime of this blog, I've mentioned Eric "here" and "there" in terms of how supportive he's always been whenever it comes to stuff I wanna attempt, not to mention, my various shopping adventures. Now, this post is alllll about him! 

Six weeks ago, Eric had to leave in order to attend something called Non-Commissioned Officers Academy. It's basically a class that helps guys learn management and business skills since they've reached a certain rank and have to deal with more responsibilities. It's a six week course where they work on speeches, how to address certain situations via the Air Force way in addition to team building skills. Once you're there, you're assigned to a flight within the class; Eric ended up in Phantom Flight whose motto was "You can't see us! BOO!" He jokingly said that it should've been called "Profile" Flight, since everyone who was in that class is older, physically broken in some way or another and have some sort of medical "profile" put on them because they're not running at 100% capacity. 

Over the six week course, he had told me about his classmates and how well they've all bonded. Basically, there were fifteen different versions of him in this class...ohhh man! The stories about the things they've done were pretty hilarious, although I can't really repeat them on here..but all that matters is that he actually liked his classmates and managed to pass the class! HOORAY!! 

Of course, that meant there was a graduation ceremony to attend. This was the first time I was able to go to  something like this for him since we didn't know one another when he went to Airman Leadership School when he made Staff Sergeant many many ...many moons ago.  


The ceremony itself bordered on four and a half hours. If you know me, you know I have a short attention span..also known as "shiny syndrome". Lots of awards were given out to the Tech Sergeants who were top of their flight, scored well academically, and a variety of other things. Lots and lots of clapping..so much in fact that my hands were getting rather puffy by the end of the night. Every time a Tech Sergeants name was called, their affiliated flight or base that was there for support would scream their motto. One base in particular had A LOT of recognized Tech Sergeants, so by the end of the evening, I was extremely tired of hearing "SEEK, ATTACK, DESTROY!" followed by what sounded like a death scream. Good times!


When everything was finally done, Eric was given his fancy diploma he had worked so hard for and actually SMILED when the time came for a picture! SWOON! He never smiles in 'em, so this made me extremely happy cause I know he was pretty proud of himself for making it through NCO Academy. 


A nice group picture of Phantom Flight 2012-4 


Of course, we got some pictures of us together schmoozing for the camera since it's not very often I see him in his Blues, or with me actually all dressed up. I think the last time I did the whole shebang (dress, nice makeup, special jewelry) was our wedding day..which was almost five years ago. Good grief..it's been that long?!



Oh, and some people were curious about my dress. I got it from a fabulous site called Kiyonna and they cater to women who are curvy :) I actually got the Retro Glam Lace dress earlier this year since that's when Eric was originally supposed to go to the academy, but ended up getting pushed back due to a serious back injury he had. Like I mentioned earlier, since this was the first event I had to actually dress up for, I was nervous that I was potentially under dressed...


...turns out, I wasn't! This gals dress kept having technical difficulties, and by that, I mean it kept lifting in the back and showing her ass cheeks every where. You could hear the necks breaking in a room of 400 people whenever she walked past tables to go say hi to someone. It was rather entertaining. 


Then there was this gal who sat at the table right behind ours. She looked like this lil petite thing when she was sitting there, but when the time came for us to have a 10 minute "intermission" so the tables could be cleared...my jaw dropped when I saw her booty. Even Eric was like "OH MY GOD." I gotta hand it to her, girlfriend knew she looked good and rocked her curves like a champ. 


After all was said and done, Eric ended up walking away with a lot of good friends from his academy experience as well as lots of fond memories. I'm ridiculously proud of him and SO happy to have him back home :) 



0 comments: